What are the subtypes?
Have you ever noticed that you tend to be preoccupied about one of these areas more than the other two?
- Your (financial and family) security
- Your (love) relationships
- Your place in a group?
Each Enneagram type has 3 “flavours” according to where we put most of our energy. This means that people with the same basic motivation/type can show up very differently in the world, depending on their dominant subtype(s):
- the self-preservation domain – aspects such as healthy food, exercise, relaxation time, sleep but also financial security, organising your life, your home etc;
- the 1-to-1 or sexual domain – aspects like maintaining healthy (love) relationships, friendships, intimacy, balance in the attention you give and long for, etc.
- the social domain – aspects such as feeling that you belong/don’t belong to groups, whether you function happily and effectively in groups, being concerned about how society operates and your role in it etc;
In order to live a happier, more healthy and complete life we need to balance all three domains in our life and in ourselves.
Growth with the Subtypes
Who is this workshop for?
- people who want to start their Enneagram journey – you don’t need to know your Enneagram type to attend this course
- people who are familiar with the Enneagram and want to explore Subtypes
- certified Enneagram teachers
- coaches, counsellors and other guidance professionals.
The Enneagram Training Growth with the Subtypes course is unlike most other training courses on the Subtypes. We do NOT focus just on the theory of all 27 Subtypes but also on the knowledge and insights you can gain, and on practical ways in which you can work with this for yourself and with your clients.
“The Growth with the Subtypes Training is the training with the most practical application because it is all about creating awareness of instinctual behaviour – and once we are aware of it, it’s easier to change it when it doesn’t serve us. Moreover, this training is the one that will confirm (or disconfirm) your type. During this training it’s not uncommon for participants to have an “Aha!” experience and realise their true Enneagram type. For these two reasons, I especially enjoy delivering this training: seeing participants gain insight and leave with practical plans for change. And when they let us know about the changes that have subsequently taken place, that is immensely rewarding.”– Rosemary Cowan
What will you gain from attending?
For your own personal development:
- insight and understanding about why you tend to be overly concerned with one domain and neglect another;
- what this gives you and what it costs you;
- what you can do about it, how you can do this and the benefits this brings.
For you as a coach or counsellor:
- how to work with the Subtypes in your work with others;
- how to home in more quickly on where your clients need to focus for their next growth step;
- understanding how this work will help your clients to make progress in their life, relationships and work.
Growth with the Subtypes starts at 09:30 am on Day 1. On subsequent days we meet at 8.45 am. After dinner the training programme continues and we finish at around 9:00 pm. On the last day we finish at around 4:30/5:00 pm. Growth with the Subtypes has a CPD value of 25.5 contact hours.
Growth with the Subtypes:
29th November – 1st December 2019:
Standalone Cost £704.00 First 10 places £600.00
AND…. You can get an even better deal if you enrol for all three Foundation Programme courses together:
Foundation Programme Package Deal 2019 – £1900.00; first 20 places £1500.00
Venue, board and lodging
Growth with the Subtypes takes place at Hillscourt Conference Centre, Rednal, Birmingham. Accommodation is booked and paid directly with the venue. When you receive confirmation of your registration to attend the training, you will receive all the details necessary to make your booking with the venue.
It is possible to book your overnight accommodation outside the venue. However, if you do so, please be aware that you will still need to book as a day + dinner delegate with the venue where the training takes place, and that our working days are long!
Accommodation and facilities costs 2019 – (9.30am on 29th November 2019 to 4.30pm on 1st December 2019)
- Full Board £270.00
- Day Delegate (does not include Bed and Breakfast) £160.00
For full dates, prices and how to register, click here.
Find out more about the other courses in the Foundation Programme:
You may also be interested in:
- Enneagram Activities around the UK and Ireland
- Enneagram Typing Practitioner Training
- Panel and Teacher Training
- Further Professional Enneagram Training – contact us