Would you like to learn how to interview people effectively, to explore their basic drive and help them discover their Enneagram type?
The Typing Practitioner Training Programme
Typing is the core skill for every professional who works with the Enneagram. In order to become a qualified Typing Practitioner you need to complete the Foundation Programme plus the Typing Practitioner training programme, which consists of:
- 2-day training in Typing Process skills
- minimum of 16 practice interviews, of which 8 are supervised by an Enneagram Training facilitator
- Written and practical examination
Typing Process Skills Course (9.30am on Day 1 to 4.30pm on Day 2):
15-16 March 2021(Mon-Tues)
18-19 September 2021(Sat- Sun)
Typing Process Practitioner – £1400.00
The price for the Typing Process Practitioner Qualification includes the 2 day training course, 8 x supervision sessions to practise Typing Process skills, and the written and practical examination.
The Typing Process Skills Programme
Here you will learn an efficient and effective interview strategy to explore someone’s Enneagram type. You will develop your own script, practise with it and, at the same time, deepen your knowledge of the nine types. Topics covered include:
- how to create an interview which is rigorous but also exploratory and reflective for the interviewee
- questions that do and don’t work, and why
- non-verbals, mimics, energy, use of words etc. of the nine types
- the most important lookalikes and how to separate them
- your own type bias and how to recognise and relax it
- grounding and building rapport.
After the course you need to complete supervision and assessment activities:
You conduct 8 supervised interviews, on which you receive feedback. In between you practise, so that you carry out a minimum of 16 typing interviews in total (most students do at least 20). Through this iterative process you become proficient in the necessary skills to really master the typing process.
You complete a written review about your knowledge of type. You also carry out a live (or via Skype/Zoom) assessment typing interview overseen by a different supervisor.
Once you successfully complete the activities above you will receive a certificate as a Qualified Typing Practitioner with Enneagram Training. CPD hours for this qualification are 23 hours contact time and an approximate self-study value of 60 hours.
You can start the Typing Practitioner training as soon as you have completed the Intensive Growth Journey, but you will need to complete the rest of the Foundation Programme before you can qualify as a Typing Practitioner.
We welcome students who have completed their Foundation Programme with other schools. please contact us! In exceptional circumstances the Typing Process skills course may be available as a standalone. If you wish to talk about this possibility, please contact us.
Venue, board and lodging
Typing training courses take place at Hillscourt, Birmingham and are residential. Accommodation costs are:
- Full Board single accommodation £156.00
- Day Delegate (does not include Bed and Breakfast) £98.50
Find out more about the Foundation Programme here …..
You may also be interested in:
- Enneagram Activities around the UK and Ireland
- Further professional training with Enneagram Training or elsewhere.